Mission of the Institution
International Institute of Clinical Sexology (IICS) is a private, for-profit, educational institute that offers a Ph.D. in Clinical Sexology to licensed and license-eligible professionals in the healthcare field who intend to practice Sex Therapy, Consulting or Coaching, or provide Sex Education as an adjunctive service to their clinical specialty. The Clinical Sexology program is designed to provide a curriculum that will prepare clinicians to work with a wide array of sexual concerns in a variety of treatment settings.
Purpose of the Institution
“Sexology” is the study of sex or of the interaction of the sexes, especially among human beings. “Clinical” is relating to or based on work done with real patients. Therefore, the objective of this program is to educate and prepare healthcare providers with the knowledge and skills needed to incorporate Clinical Sexology into their practices. “Healthcare” encompasses the fields of psychotherapy, psychology, medicine, ministerial service, education, coaching, and other human service professions. The program is comprised of three components: Clinical Sexology Education, a choice of one of four Specialty Concentrations, and a dissertation or doctoral project.
Continuing Education provided by Dr. Carol L. Clark.
- Florida Department of Health, Medical Quality Assurance Provider #50-550/BAP585.
- Dr. Carol L. Clark is an approved CEU provider for the Florida Board of Nursing, expires 10/17,
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling, expires 3/19
- Florida Board of Psychology, expires 5/18
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT) #11-112B These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
- All ATTI classes are approved by the Florida Certification Board #5094-A
- Dr. Carol L. Clark is approved under FL DOH/MQA to provide sex therapy and hypnotherapy CEUs.
- Dr. Carol L. Clark, DBA Therapy Certification Training has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6856. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Dr. Carol L. Clark, DBA Therapy Certification Training is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.